Are you an experienced Office Manager with great customer service skills? Do you take pride in being part of a winning team with career growth and training opportunities? If you are a motivated, hard worker and solid performer, we are looking for you to join our team!
Who are we?
Fredericksburg Scrap Metal is a metal recycler located in Fredericksburg, VA. Fredericksburg Scrap Metal is part of Smith Industries, with origins dating back to 1898, we operate one of the oldest and largest scrap and recyclable processors in the country. Through our state-of-the-art separation systems, we buy, process, and sell ferrous and non-ferrous metals by turning raw scrap into a clean and mill-ready product. As the industry’s leader, we strive to find the best talent to serve the needs of our extensive customer base in both the private and public sectors and we continue to revolutionize new facets of recycling that do not currently exist.
What is the job?
The Office Manager is responsible for the day to day administrative tasks at the yard, including cashier, receptionist and reporting duties. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills with exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated initiative in previous positions.
This is a full-time, hourly position, based in Fredericksburg, VA and reporting to the Yard Manager or their designee. Successful candidate is eligible for overtime and will work a weekly schedule of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday and 7:30 am – 11:30 am on Saturdays.
- Answer phones and serve as first point of contact with customers, buyers, dispatchers, etc
- Daily cashier responsibilities
- Complete and submit daily and weekly cash management reports
- Maintain customer ticketing and sales system
- Order all supplies for office, maintain master inventory list and manage third party vendors
- Assist with reporting on weekly and monthly inventories to ensure accurate inventory at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Why work for us?
- Exciting and entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Strong culture of recognizing and rewarding strong performance
- Small and collaborative office culture
- Competitive benefits including Health, Dental, 401K with company match, PTO and Paid Holidays
- Opportunity to work with an industry leader and to learn from the best!
- Administrative office experience highly preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and especially Excel
- Skilled at multitasking with good attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Basic accounting and cash management experience strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a thorough background and drug screening
How to Apply
If interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We hope to fill this position by March. To learn more about our growing business visit our Website and follow us on Facebook.
All positions at Fredericksburg Scrap and Smith Industries are Equal Opportunity Employment Positions. We do not discriminate under any circumstances. Please note that all positions require background checks and drug screening.